Saturday, March 26, 2011

Letter 69: Entertaining Your Girls

Cochran Ont April 8th, 1912

Dear Margaret,

I am writing you my usual weekly letter. Did not receive yours that I usually get Saturday?

I suppose your are busy entertaining your girls. But I expect to get a long one from you when the girls leave.

Well, I have nothing new to write about from here. Last Friday and Saturday we had a big thaw here. It took away half of our snow and in lots of places the ground is bare and where it is the mud is terrible would prefer snow to it.

It turned cold last night and this morning everything is frozen solid with snow falling and a north wind blowing not a very good day for Easter Bonnets here.

Did not go to Church this morning, it was too cold.

I had letter yesterday from DB McLennan of Scotstown wanting to know if I could get him a job here.

I haven’t heard from Herb since writing your last, nor any of the girls.

How is Han and the Hills getting on now?

As I haven’t any news to write about I will close awaiting your letter. My eye is all right but not quite as clear of the red yet as the other. Cold is quite well now.

Hoping you are enjoying the Easter Holidays. I will come later if spared. Now, My sweet pet, I will say love to your own self.

Trusting to hear from you soon, Your affectionate husband N. Nicholson

No comments:

Post a Comment