Thursday, March 24, 2011

Letter 61: Sour Notes


Dear Mr. Nicholson,


As you were the first to call on me to settle your notes I have come to the conclusion that I am going to carry out the will of my late husband as I understand it. His will reads that I am to pay in cash out of the estate the sum of five hundred dollars to my late husband's mother, Marion McLeod. This amount of money is to be paid over to herself or to who ever keeps her and as I have the first preference and I feel unable to the task, after all my late husband has gone through, I now offer you and Mrs. Nicholson the next privilege of taking her mother, as your notes come to one hundred and some interest.


I will we down in a few days and I will leave the two notes with Mr. Rowatt. Yours and your son's debts, which will cover the amount and a little over, and as my late husband wanted to sell the property I have concluded to do so at the earliest opportunity and turn everything into cash a once and of course, should you conclude not to take Mr. McLeod, I will expect you to pay the amount of five hundred to which the other one of the girls keep their Mother. Hoping this will prove satisfactory to all parties concerned, I am yours Sincerely,


Joanna Mcleod


(Han)

No comments:

Post a Comment