Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Letter 146: Some people are foolish



May 14, 1913

The Mansions

466 Guy Street

My dear People,

This is just to inform you that your second daughter saw a diamond ring coming her way and now has it on the third finger of her left hand. It certainly is a beauty, looks like this, rather too nice for me but some people are very foolish. I suppose there is no need to tell you where I got it.

And as yet I have not resigned and don't quite know although I sometimes think I will but when I do I will let you know, so you can just tell me what you think about it. Did Edith tell you that Mr. Rowland was going to Richmond to take part in the opening of the new Masonic Lodge so you will probably see him.

I have been having a rather bad time with my teeth. They have been aching like the mischief but I am now getting them fixed. I think that is the most important news at present. So good by for now. Lovingly, Marion.

No comments:

Post a Comment