Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Letter 142: And on the Sabbath, too

2401 Hutchison,
Sunday evening March 3, 1913

Dear Father,

This is just to a line enclosing you my check. Am glad you had a nice time in Boston. We were used in fine style.

We have had a very busy day here. Dr and Mrs. Skinner and Lloyd were here for dinner and I had some job cooking it. Aunt Christie had sent us in a chicken with Christina and I cooked it. Was rather scared as I had never done one before then they managed to eat it so perhaps it wasn't too bad. I also treated them to one of my apple pies. Tell mother I made three and on the Sabbath too and there is not a crumb left now so I think they must have been good.

George Miller came up and went to church with Flora and May. He seems to be quite a nice chap but of course not like Hughie. But not the old Hughie you had in the cards last Xmas.

Tell mother we got her letter on Sat and that I will look after the two delicate ones. Have been dosing them and they are almost alright now.

I think this is now much more than I intended to write so au revoir for this time from one of your best girls.

Marion

Another cryptic message. What cards is she talking about? Tarot cards or Christmas cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment